Foods That Can Kill Your Dog
Posted by Lu
Your dog may be a part of your family; just like your child. And as your furry child, it is your responsibility to feed them only foods that are good for them. Many foods that humans eat, can make your dog sick or even kill them. So keep this list of foods below in mind when you share your food with your dog.
• Artificial sweeteners (aspartame, saccharin, or sucralose)
• Coffee and tea
• Fatty foods (okay only in small amounts)
• Foods that are moldy or spoiled (if you won’t eat, don’t feed it to your dog either)
• Grapes and raisins
• Macadamia nuts
• Onions, leeks, or shallots
• Potato peels or potatoes that are green
• Raw meats that contain parasites or bacteria
My dog, Rose became very sick, January 2009. Her gums were pale and nearly yellow. She was listless, short of breath, and cranky. We never discovered the real cause of her illness, but the veterinarian diagnosed her with hemolytic anemia. We figured that she may have eaten some garlic tablets or raisins that were commonly in our house at the time. Rose has gotten better, but the journey to wellness has not been easy. She received a blood transfusion, numerous medications, and additional veterinarian visits.
So print out the list of foods that dogs cannot eat and put in on your refrigerator. This will help remind yourself that as human as your dog may seem at times, there are foods that they should not ever eat.